The inaugural World Halal Forum 2006 was officially launched by YAB Dato’ Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi, the Prime Minister of Malaysia. During the official opening, The Prime Minister endorsed the seven-point Charter of the World Halal Forum that forms the guiding principles in the forum.
The Goals of the World Halal Forum
- To create a focal point for the global halal industry
- To gather halal industry leaders, experts and specialists to share their views, knowledge and expertise
- To establish an arena for discussion and collaboration to stimulate the growth and development of the Halal market
- To facilitate problem resolution within the Halal Industry
- To coordinate subject-specific industry groups and technical committees to support excellence, innovation and improvement in the Halal market
- To develop World-Class Halal Industry standards covering the entire Value Chain
The World Halal Forum continues to review issues within the Halal markets around the world, and will strive to address current matters as and when it seems possible and appropriate. Our goals are continually being re-assessed as we strive to make the World Halal Forum a proactive and relevant contribution to the global Halal industries.
- To promote the concept of Halal to realize its full potential as a globally recognized symbol of quality and safety